We partner with youth centers like the YMCA and Boys and Girls Club to bring the program to life and introduce golf using games that are flexible to the ages and abilities of the kids involved.
Our Community Program gives youth development professionals and volunteer leaders the tools to get started. Our program adapts to any setting, class time, and class size. We provide training, equipment and lesson plans. Youth leaders also have access to First Tee’s online community for additional support, resources, and connection with peers.
Ready to Get Started?
To learn more about implementing this program in your area, contact us below and we will be in touch with more information.
Ready to upgrade your participants experience? It’s easy to get started.
- Contact our Outreach by completing the link above
- We’ll work with you to identify funding opportunities (this can be through community support, a donor, or corporation).
- Once funding is identified, we’ll train your staff.
- After training, the curriculum and equipment is delivered to you.
- Participants start enjoying golf!
We wrote our lesson plans and activity guides with youth development professionals and volunteer leaders in mind. This Community Program is a hole-in-one for any setting.
Our lesson plans introduce youth to golf through activities that resemble sports they may already be familiar with, like baseball, football, bowling, and tennis. Instructors receive an activity guide that includes:
- 18 detailed activity plans
- Information section explaining teaching methods
- Safety and class management procedures
- Instructional cue cards
- Golf terms